For the base coat and larger areas of color I use Benjamin Moore Aura latex paints. Some of the reasons I love this paint:
- Zero VOC — This is espeically important on indoor projects for people who are concerned about the potentially negative heath effects of VOCs.
- Extreme hide and coverage. It’s a really thick paint and that helps bridge surface imperfections.
- Color Lock technology for exceptional color
- Superior fade resistance
- Lifetime Warranty
- Low-temperature application
- Excellent resistance to paint deterioration
- Resists cracking, peeling, blistering and dirt
- Mildew resistant
- Self-priming/ excellent adhesion
For the final coats and details, I use Golden Artists Colors heavy body acrylics. Additionally, Mythic paint makes incredible 100% non-toxic paints that I use upon request. I don’t use them on every project since they are only available online.
Here are the material safety data sheets for the products I use: